Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Assessments in the Classroom

    There are many components when it comes to teaching a class and one of those components are assessments; i.e criterion-referenced tests. These tests measure the students' performances against a learning objective. These tests can include multiple choices, true or false, open-ended or any type of mixture of these questions. These test could be very important as the Star Testing or less important like a quiz. Some examples of criterion-based tools are google forms, kahoot, quizlet, and online games like Jeopardy. I have used these tools before being in the teacher's role and the student's role. I have witnessed how much the students enjoy when the teachers use tools like kahoot or other games in the classroom because the kids love competition. Another thing that I wanted to mention was the experience I had with the podcast activity. It was very interesting doing the activity and it took a couple of tries to get the audio the way I want. I was actually kind of nervous because I wanted to come off as a conversational style instead of a script, so I am not sure if I did well in that department. But it was great practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IDT Project Experience

    So, I had a lot of fun putting this project together. I learned a lot of the history on the dessert: cheesecake. Even though, this is ...